Greatest loves of my life, found then lost. Incredible joy offset with heart-rendering sorrow. Life is a recipe. Bad decisions are substitutions of ingredients gone wrong.
- Impossible curly hair
- Frustratingly failing eyesight
- A leaky filter for people who will take advantage of me
- Volcanic, irrational rage when taken advantage of
- Terrible personal finance skills that force me to fret
- A fanatical need to put words down on paper
- Insecurities about my writing
- The belief that I can do anything I set my mind to
How different is the way I see myself than the view of me others hold? Does it matter? Do the two ever converge? There was a Dove soap project, the YouTube video was so emotionally charged, I had to watch it twice. It is called Real Beauty Sketches and in it a forensic artist sketches several women twice. Once, based on what they tell him they look like. The second sketch is drawn based on comments from a stranger who has just met the woman. The artist is behind a curtain and never sees the women he is drawing. Though it focuses on how we view our outer image, it starts the conversation.
Who am I? How will I be remembered? What do I want to leave as my mark on this world and how do I do that?