I don’t know about the rest of the world, but this time of year Americans fill the airwaves with The Year In Review, We make lists of the accomplishments and disasters, the births and deaths, the joys and trauma’s encountered over the past 12 months. I thought I would get a jump on the media blitz with my own small version of 2015 from the rear-view mirror.
15 Memories from 2015
- I entered my third year of cranking out this drivel I call my blog.
- The snow was epic.
- A plane left from Surabaya bound for Singapore and mysteriously disappeared.
- I said good-bye to three pets.
- The store was named Business of the Year
- My two bee hives were dead in the spring and I had to restart.
- Hanni came home and my girls were finally in my timezone again.
- A super moon and a lunar eclipse all in one night
- The bees gave back 100 pounds of honey
- Alice and I went on a writing retreat and learned to focus on the moment
- Paris exploded in violence akin to 9-11 and the world was rocked once again
- A man became a woman and then was honored as Woman Of The Year
- I waged an all out battle with the mice, squirrels and a chipmunk or two
- Politics and the Presidential election took over the air waves and my land-line phone every night
- Lex and Shana announced their plans to wed, making me a very proud Mummo
Not a bad year in many ways but the low points should not be overlooked, nor the lessons learned.
Selamat Hari Natal to all…