Sometimes you just have to look at the silly side of life. This is what Alice and I collect:

DSC_0085 DSC_0088 DSC_0089

These shots depict our most recent Mr. Hedgehog – Hero Hedgehog!  We also had Nurse/Chef Hedgehog and an undressed, characterless first hedgehog. Somewhere in-between there was a Farmer Hedgehog. He didn’t survive long enough to be photographed; must have been a period of stress in our lives. Once his denim overalls were “wedgied” he gave up and stuffing was everywhere.

DSC_0082 DSC_1649 DSC_1528

When life becomes overwhelming, we each turn to our talisman. Her’s suffer the wrath of her teeth and to date we have replaced them many times over. I’m currently in the market for a  Buddha Hedgehog…

17 comments on “Hedgehog Buddha to the rescue

I will certainly keep my eyes open for said Buddha Hedgehog! Isn’t it funny how they pick certain toys to be their favorite?

1. As another commenter said, Mrs. Tiggy-winlke was the original hedgehog in Beatrix Potter. I had forgotten that. Maybe we should start making our own??!

2. There must be a Miss Tiggy Winkle out there somewhere…for Grandma Hedgehog.

1. You are on to something here, trashonthemonocacy! I had forgotten about Mrs. Tiggy-winkle the hedgehog washerwoman!! Excellent comment. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen any female characters in the hedgehog toy department…

3. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a stuffed hedgehog, and my daughter had every stuffed animal imaginable!

1. Thanks Allen. They are kind of fun, even if they are dog toys!

4. badfish says:

Oh man…I just returned from Buddha Hedgehog Heaven. I could have found you one easily!! Or maybe not? Are all those Buddhas yours, or do you visit to photograph them?

1. Thanks badfish. They are all mine garnered from many corners of the world.

5. tomrains says:

Very charming! Your use of the word “talisman” makes me think of my own “totem” collection. I have little animal figurines that represent different members of my family. Since we’re spread throughout the country, it’s nice to have them all “with me” in one place. Nice post – will follow.

1. Thank you for dropping by and commenting tomrains. I think most of us have some sort of a collection of totems.

6. thefolia says:

He is super cute…I love how his nose is up in the air ready to fly!

1. Thanks thefolia! He is pretty cute for a dog toy.

Somewhere in my outdoor spring décor I have a little clay-baked hedgehog. Must dig him out soon. Photo to follow. Promise!!

1. Ah, Julie. I seem to remember your clay garden hedgehog. Have you not photographed him/her before? Thank you!

HA! Yes, I think you’re right. 🙂

I guess we all collect something. Like you I seem to collect Buddhas. In fact my youngest granddaughter calls me Nannie with the Buddhas to distinguish me from her other Nannie.

1. While you seem too young to be “Nannie” I love that your granddaughter defines you by your Buddhas, Marie!