1. The hoot of an owl over the gentle piano solo in the background of now.
2. A little girl who captured my attention at work today with her insistent questions that really were important, like, “How old do you think I am? and Guess what my favorite vegetable is?”
3. A bright orange outfit that made me feel bold, strong and smart all day — stupid you say? I’m just a touch of a girly girl and a woman.
4. A rhododendron that has only begun to bloom in the last two years and this year is a glorious cloud of fluff and big old bumble bees. It even wafts a wonderful scent my way, oddly enough…
5. My stellar credit rating that allowed me to walk in to a dealership today, pick out a new car and finally walk away from the stress of carrying the truck and it’s expense. When you walk in and say you want new, no one bats an eye at that pesky CARFAX report that says you were side-swiped (even though there was no damage to the truck.) And no one sees the chunk of the plastic grille that snapped into oblivion driving during an ice storm last winter (that’s a $500 part.) No, in June when they have brand new cars with 50 miles or less on them sitting in spots that soon are needed for the 2015 inventory, they don’t see anything but dollar signs. But more of that therapeutic misadventure later…
6. I think five enough for today. Whenever I wonder “What the HELL are you doing!!” I look back and this post from January of 2013 pretty much sums it up for me. In case you don’t want to read the whole drivel, here’s the salient quote:
And finally, I remember my sister’s and my favorite childhood quote from Winnie-the-Pooh:
“What day is it?” asked Pooh. “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “My favorite day,” said Pooh.